Friday, October 5, 2012

and as she travels, the world turns faster


Story 3/52
----
and as she travels, the world turns faster
it's a frightening feeling, that of the traveler who has never wandered, never found herself walking aimlessly through the veins of a town she hasn't known. It's exhilerating. It's got the same brand of excitement as the newfound love, the wonder of loneliness and company altogether, mixing with the strange fear and the cold in the pit of her stomach. She has never walked alone and now she is, and she's so brave for it, isn't she? She, the one for whom everything is just a little harder, just a little brighter, just did it on her own, and now she's happy. And terrified, but that's a good thing.
It means she's taken a step forward.
----
This photo was delayed due to my trip to Berlin (where I still am, having a wonderful time!). I spent all day stressing about not having taken a pic of the week, when my darling stopped me at an old train station and said 'Hey, you wanna take your picture here?'. It was only then I looked around and it was just the perfect location. She served as my human tripod and I owe a great part of this photo to her.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful, the story, image & location fit together perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRU-TAL!

    www.myweek-withmarilyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete