Tuesday, June 26, 2012

weeks of summer


Hi, guys! I hope you’re all doing wonderfully and that you’re enjoying the Summer just as much as I am! I’ve had an unbelievably busy week, but I managed to photograph a lot of the things and places I visited, so I thought I would share the photos with you!
Since my four year old sister, Gabs, was with me, I had some fun with her at our beach house. 


The hydrangeas were absolutely stunning. I can never get enough of them. 
Gabs and I found these snail shells; she thought they would make a nice picture, and she was right. It’s incredible that this girl loves photography so much, already. She’s adorable. And she’s constantly trying to steal my camera. I need to be more careful. 
Oh, I have to tell you guys about my rooftop garden! It’s blooming so beautifully! Right now I have blackberries, blueberries, raspberries (even though they’re not coming out this year), strawberries, peppers, eggplants and tomatoes. I’m enjoying it so much, watching them grow and get alive and productive. I’m a city girl through and through, so I’d never had this kind of experience all the way. My herb gardens usually die out, but these are lasting and actually giving something out!
Of course, I had to make that place pretty and I took my summer lights upstairs. I bought them at IKEA; they work on solar energy and they look wonderful on pictures. 
I’m not a huge fan of sunset photos, but this was just too beautiful not to share. 
Oh, and my favorite experience of the week! I finally got around to make the cherry jam I had been promising everyone here at home. It took me a few hours on thursday afternoon, but the result was pretty amazing. My hands were black after I spent an hour taking seeds off 2kg of cherries, but it was absolutely worth it. 
I have one more event I’d like to blog about: a trip to a Carnival with my sister, but since I have so many pictures, I post that one individually. 
For now, I hope you’ve enjoyed this post — thank you so much for reading and for letting me share my life with you guys!
Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment