Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week 8 — For Lovers Only


Week 8/52

The title is stolen from the Polish Brothers movie of the same name, that is yet to come out but which I'm already obsessed with.

---

I'm not in love with this shot. I hate my bunny teeth and I'm not happy with a lot of it. But I felt compelled to post it, anyway. I have no idea why.

I had the absolute craziest week ever, work-wise, and I only had time to actually prepare everything for the photo yesterday morning, and knowing I had plans yesterday afternoon and for all of the day today. To make matters better, I didn't have access to my studio for as long as I needed and my remote broke down. So I had to make do. This is a bit of a comeback to the photos from my 365, with natural light, no textures and soft colors. I actually wanted to do something different, to use the texture within the subject and not in post-production, and that's what the tulle is there for. The inspiration for the shooting was also the trailer of the movie I mentioned above, with my currently-favorite actress, Stana Katic. I wanted something that felt as intimate and as gloriously romantic as that trailer feels. And damn, I can't wait to see the movie! :)

[+3 outtakes in the comments, becaus they're too close to this one for me to post later.]

EDIT: Here's the link to the trailer, in case you want to take a peek:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qss42Va35Tg

No comments:

Post a Comment