Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 7: she breathes rainbows


This photo came out competely different from the idea that I had in the beginning of the week. I was supposed to work with lettering and words, but got tired of that idea and saw the fabric, the colorful felt laying around in the studio. Yes, the rainbow is made of felt, that I sticked to the wall. LOL. I know, it's incredibly silly, but I was in love with this idea of the girl that exhaled rainbows and everything was so pink and pretty and I just went with it. I actually like the result; it isn't as dramatic as the previous ones, but I think it can be equally deep.

My anthem for the week was 'Let it Rain', by the always lovely and overly-mentioned-in-my-photos Sara Bareilles. And the lyrics are something like this:

I want to darken in the skies
Open the floodgates up
I want to change my mind
I want to be enough
I want the water in my eyes
I want to cry until the end of time

I want to let the rain come down
Make a brand new ground
Let the rain come down
Let the rain come down
Make a brand new ground
Let the rain come down tonight

I hold on to worry so tight
It's safe in here right next to my heart
Who now shouts at the top of her voice
Let me go, let me out, this is not my choice

And I always felt it before
That the world was filled with much more
Than the drowning soul I've learned to be
I just need the rain to remind me.

And this is pretty much what this is about. Let the rain come, make a brand new ground. Suffering is requires for happiness to come; you need to let go of old skins in order to get new, better ones. So I just need to learn how to let go. Let the rain fall, wash everything away, so something new and wonderful can grow.

1 comment:

  1. Love this; the photo is breathtaking. The lyrics really ties in with the photo. =o)

    ReplyDelete