Friday, January 7, 2011

Week 1 - The World in her Hands


This photo was supposed to be about a certain garter belt and the stuff that comes with, but when I started to take the photos, I realized it's actually about beauty. A great part of this project will be about beauty, I can tell you now, because I firmly believe that it's the only thing that can save us. It's not just exterior beauty, pink or gold or things we like to look at; it's the kind of beauty that makes your heart start beating rapidly in your chest, the kind of beauty that makes your stomach jump with joy, and that makes your fingers tingle with the need to touch it, to experience it with your hands (note: if you're in the Borghese Gallery, you might want to rethink this part. I'm just saying). It's about a world that can be filled with butterflies and flowers, if we want it to. We just have to smile and be happy.

I hope you're all gloriously happy this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment